So my journey to the healthiest me I can be (can I get annnnny cheesier?) has been put on the back burner while life got a little crazy. However, being the woman of action I am, I have come up with a plan. A plan to give me a little jump start to get back on track. I came up with a few goals.
1. Wake up a half an hour earlier each day so I can make myself a decent breakfast. I have found that my breakfast is usually sacrificed for a little more sleep & sometimes I find myself not eating until I’ve already been awake for 3 or 4 hours.
2. Take my vitamins. I’ve been told that I’m pretty low on Vitamin D and Vitamin B-12. And when I am faithful in taking my vitamins daily, I have WAY more energy which leads to being way less tempted to use the fact that I’m drained as an excuse to not work out. It’s allllll connected.
3. Have at least one “green” meal a day. Whether it’s lunch or dinner, I’m going to make one meal a day a salad. This one is going to be more difficult for me because, to be honest, salads are NOT my favorite. However, I have figured out that I do like spinach so hopefully I can find some recipes to keep in interesting.
4. Take advantage of my late mornings. There are 3 mornings a week that I go into the office at least 2 hours later than I used to. Is there a coincidence that most running for beginners programs suggest running 3 times a week? Hmmm…So instead of just sleeping in later, I’m going to get myself up out of bed & moving.
5. Make my health a priority. Buying a house is really exciting. Dreaming about how I’m going to decorate it – very exciting. Being in a relationship & spending time with someone you care about – pretty darn exciting. Beginning my career – something to get pumped about. Playing with my really adorable nephews – time of my life. However, with all of these exciting things going on in my life, it’s going to take me making a conscious decision to start prioritizing my journey to be healthier. I can come up with all the little goals I want, but unless I choose each day to eat right and be active, I will never reach the end goal of health.